PATCH: was Re: REC_EXACT and AUTO_MENU, and compctl -U too (Part II)

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> One thing that's annoyed me for a very long time is the interaction of
> recexact with automenu.  Suppose I have both options set.
>
> zsh% /usr/li
>
> The possible completions at this point are /usr/lib and /usr/libexec.  I
> press TAB (which is bound to expand-or-complete).
>
> zsh% /usr/lib
>
> This is not a completion; it's the unique prefix of a menu completion, or
> it would be in most circumstances.  With recexact, though, when I press
> TAB again expecting to menucomplete to libexec, I instead get /usr/lib/
> and now I can only complete within that directory.
>
> What I'd like is to have recexact behavior when I type the entire prefix
> and automenu behavior when zsh supplies the prefix.

While trying so solve this I encountered a little bug (with completeinword):

  % ls
  fooo    fooboo
  % ls fo <TAB with cursor on the 'o'>

gives:

  % ls foooo

One of the 'o's were both in the prefix and the suffix.

Bye
 Sven

*** Src/Zle/zle_tricky.c.old	Mon Jun 22 08:55:46 1998
--- Src/Zle/zle_tricky.c	Tue Jun 23 14:28:37 1998
*** 1549,1554 ****
--- 1549,1555 ----
  	    *bp = test;
  	if ((test = sfxlen(*fm, s)) < *ep)
  	    *ep = test;
+ 	if (*ep + *bp > *sp) *ep = *sp - *bp;
      }

      /* If we are doing a glob completion we store the whole string in *