Re: Compctl completion tweaking

On Jun 30,  7:49am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Compctl completion tweaking
}
} > } Btw: when implementing this, we also could cleanup the code a bit by
} > } storing more than just the string to insert for each match, e.g.:
} > }
} > } - some kind of prefix/suffix and the whole string
} > }   (this would allow us to make the `-/' flag accept multiple directories)
} >
} > I'm confused.  You mean make the -W flag accept multiple directories?
}
} Yes, sorry, little confusion in my internal hash tables...

This brings up a general question, then.  Suppose for the moment that we
do choose ++ to mean inclusive-or.  Suppose I have:

    compctl -x 'c[-1,-m]' -P '%' -u ++ -P '+' -f -W ~/Mail -- zmail

I.e., "user names prefixed with % or files in ~/Mail prefixed with +".
What does the list of completions look like before any + or % is present
on the command line?  If there's both a file and a user named "schaefer",
which prefix gets inserted?