Re: bindkey: up-line-or-history: difference V3.0.5 <-> V3.1.4

heiko_elger@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
> today I upgrade form V3.0.5 to V3.1.4 cause of some new needed functions.
>
> All works fine, but I problems in using the bindkey command.
>
> The command 'bindkey "$(echotc ku)" up-line-or-search' don't work with versio
> 3.1.4.

I presume from your previous message that you're using AIX (it always helps
to know that sort of thing).  In that case, this may be an ncurses problem:
in fact, I see the same thing.  What's happening in my case is that
termcap.h is found in /usr/local/include, where it comes from ncurses;
this is being included and defining NCURSES_VERSION, which messes things up
in bin_echotc().  You can check this by looking to see if HAVE_TERMCAP_H
is defined in config.h.  If it is, try changing the line to
/*#undef HAVE_TERMCAP_H*/
and recompiling.

Does anyone know if ncurses is 100% guaranteed to fail on AIX, given that
the search order for libraries puts curses before ncurses?  If so, then
the following patch would be OK.  (We're stuck on AIX 3.2.)

*** Src/builtin.c~	Sun May 31 12:26:12 1998
--- Src/builtin.c	Mon Aug  3 10:04:02 1998
***************
*** 2425,2431 ****
      /* if the specified termcap is boolean, and set, say so  *
       * ncurses can tell if an existing boolean capability is *
       * off so in this case we print "no".                    */
! #ifndef NCURSES_VERSION
      if (tgetflag(s) > 0) {
  	puts("yes");
  	return (0);
--- 2425,2431 ----
      /* if the specified termcap is boolean, and set, say so  *
       * ncurses can tell if an existing boolean capability is *
       * off so in this case we print "no".                    */
! #if !defined(NCURSES_VERSION) || defined(_AIX)
      if (tgetflag(s) > 0) {
  	puts("yes");
  	return (0);

--