Re: ideas: free-search-complete, noexpand

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> The thing below is my patch relative to a 3.1.4 with the patches I
> found plus Peters. I hope it works for those who have applied this
> patch.

Down to 870 lines in zle_tricky.c :-(.  I've got another problem, because
I'm using Zoli's patch for dynamically loading on AIX, which renames
refresh to zrefresh, but that only accounts for an extra 300 lines or so.
(Also I need patch -R, but that's trivial.)

I did notice one thing: the functions rembslash() and quotename() live
in zle_tricky.c but are called in compctl.c.  This is bad because they're
in different libraries; common code should be in comp1.c.  (Quite a lot
of the widget completion patch was simply trying to get round the use
of different libraries.) If you move them you have to move instring as well.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +39 50 844536
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/