Re: another bug in suffix removal 3.1.5

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> OK, I found another one:
>
> % mkdir foo
> % mkdir foo/bar
> % bar <Control-a> <Control-k>   # IE, get "bar" in the kill ring
> % ls f <tab>
>   -> foo/ <Control-y>
>   -> foobar                     # the slash got removed when "bar" was yanked

We had some more discussion about this on the list...

No patch for this now (I have to go soon), but this looks like yet
another missing fixsuffix() problem. And this was what I meant with my
reply: as long as we can't be sure that every time the command line is
changed fixsuffix() is called we probably should move all the calls
into the functions that actually modify the line (might save us from
more bug reports of this kind).

Bye
 Sven