Re: BUG: long prompts tangle ZLE

On Dec 10,  9:00pm, Phil Pennock wrote:
} Subject: BUG: long prompts tangle ZLE
}
} If the prompt length is 80 characters (on an 80-char width term) then
}  (a) the last character is not printed, or at least overwritten with a
}      space;
}  (b) more seriously, typing a command does not scroll the line up, but
}      instead overwrites the start of the line.

I can confirm this; in fact, it's weirder than Phil says -- if the prompt
exactly fills the width of the screen, then the last character is not
printed and the first character typed goes at the far right of the screen;
the second character typed causes the first character to be re-echoed at
the left edge (on top of the first character of the prompt) and then the
second character appears next to it.

A ctrl-L clears all this up until the next prompt is printed.

None of this happens in 3.0.5.  Geoff, did we lose some zle_refresh code
in the transition?