zerr() and errflag (Re: Latest patched development version)

On Dec 14,  2:57pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Latest patched development version
}
} I have not added Sven's zerr() patch, 4699, in case it has side
} effects, but I haven't heard anything on the subject and I haven't
} looked at it.

I've noticed a couple of other places in the code where zerr() is
called and then errflag is explicitly set.  This makes me think that
either (a) there is an undesired side effect, or (b) everybody else
who has noticed errflag bugs has been worried about (a) and therefore
fixed errflag in the caller.

Personally, I think it was a bad idea for zerr() to have the side-
effect of setting errflag in the first place.

In any case, if zerr() needs Sven's fix, then so does zerrnam() a few
lines later.