PATCH: (2): Re: zsh 3.1.5 core dumps on Solaris 7

Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:
> > > Is there any trick one needs to compile zsh with modules support
> > > on Solaris 7?
> >
> > I found it myself: run configure with --disable-zsh-mem
>
> Stupid me - it disables module support as well...

OK, then we're stuck with this...

*** Etc/MACHINES.mach	Wed Oct 28 22:14:06 1998
--- Etc/MACHINES	Fri Jan 15 09:51:04 1999
***************
*** 45,51 ****
  	Should build `out-of-the-box'.

  IBM: AIX
! 	Should build `out-of-the-box'.

  Linux: Linux (i386) [3.1.4]
  	If you are using an early minor version of libc 5, then a bug
--- 45,52 ----
  	Should build `out-of-the-box'.

  IBM: AIX
! 	Should build `out-of-the-box'.  On AIX 3.x (at least),
! 	--enable-zsh-mem will not work.

  Linux: Linux (i386) [3.1.4]
  	If you are using an early minor version of libc 5, then a bug
  	To avoid this, make sure you compile zsh without any reference
  	to /usr/ucblib in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  You can easily do this
  	by just unsetting LD_LIBRARY_PATH before building zsh.
+
+ 	Under Solaris 2.7, dynamically loaded library support with
+ 	--enable-dynamic currently does not work.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/