Btw.: glob-qualifier

With all this discussion about documentation going on...

When implementing the glob-sort qualifier I first wanted to use 'o'
but then found out that this is already used and undocumented. The
effect of `(o<oct>)' is to match only files whose modes (all twelve
bits) exactly match `<oct>'. Shouldn't we either document this or
first make it a bit more usable and then document it? E.g. we could
make it take the next four characters which should be octal digits
or `.'s, where `.' means that in this three-bit group any value is
accepted (since this is a shell we should probably better use `?', or
an as yet unused character and allow the argument to have a variable
length).

Bye
 Sven

P.S.: Yes, there are still several unused characters in
      glob-qualifiers, how comes that?