Re: List archive not tracking new home site?

Bart> On Jan 27, 6:55am, Geoff Wing wrote: } Subject: Re: List archive
Bart> not tracking new home site?  } } Comments?

Bart> Since I presume you're looking at ezmlm documentation or some
Bart> such ...

Bart> The problem appears to be that when list A forwards to list B,
Bart> the X-Seq: header from A is replaced by the one from B.  Yes?
Bart> So people only on zsh-users see a different X-Seq: from those on
Bart> zsh-workers?

Bart> Would it be possible to simply configure qmail/ezmlm to move the
Bart> old X-Seq: header to some other name (possibly derived from the
Bart> existing Mailing-List: header) before adding the new X-Seq: and
Bart> Mailing-List: ?

Bart> I don't particularly care whether zsh-users messages are
Bart> duplicated in the zsh-workers archive (whether the HTTP one or
Bart> the listserver one); in fact that'd make it easier to find
Bart> things.  I *do* object to losing the -users sequence number
Bart> entirely when the message is forwarded.

How about having a X-Seq-users AND a X-Seq-workers and X-Seq-announce?
That way, forwarded messages will contain all (possible) sequence
numbers, and intelligent archive software could even use this to
crosslink between the lists.

Comments?

Karsten