Re: List archive not tracking new home site?

On Jan 27,  3:39pm, Karsten Thygesen wrote:
} Subject: Re: List archive not tracking new home site?
}
} No - now that I give it a second thought, you are right.

This is not giving me great vibes about ezmlm.

} Anyway - what other solutions can we come up with? Is there anybody or
} anything besides the mail archive that uses the sequence numbers to
} anything?

Yes.  When a patch gets applied, the ChangeLog file (or my own CVS commit
logs, or PWS's patchlist.txt file) get the article number (formerly from
the X-Mailing-List header) inserted into the log.  That way anybody who
wants to can go back to the original article to find out exactly what
changed and what discussion led to the change.

It's very important IMO that the article number on the HTTP archive site
be the same as the one that appears on the message headers.