Re: List archive not tracking new home site?

Geoff> Another alternative would be to have
Geoff>     zsh-{announce,users,workers}@zsh.org (or @lists.zsh.org ?)
Geoff> or maybe just {announce,users,workers}@....  which can add an
Geoff> appropriate header containing sequence numbers for
Geoff> {users,workers} but not for announce (which won't get a
Geoff> sequence number until after moderation).  However, those
Geoff> sequence numbers for {users,workers} would be different to
Geoff> whatever number is in the mail's ``Return-Path:'' so people
Geoff> wouldn't be able to fetch from the sunsite.auc.dk archive by
Geoff> that number.  Only from the www.zsh.org archive.

That could be done, but when people subscribe or unsubscribe, the
message must go to sunsite.auc.dk, and that is not very intuitive and
I fear a lot of people will try to do administrative changes by
posting to the main lists. Also, ezmlm keeps track of who is missing
what messages, and if a message bounce due to temporary errors, it
will notify the receiver about which messages he is messing - these
messages will be numbered in the ezmlm-scheme.

So the best thing would be, if sunsite and the archive did agree on
the numbering.

Another alternative:

if the archive is subscribed to all three lists, then it will get all
messages with the right sequence number, and the listname can be
determined from the Delivered-To header so that if the only
Delivered-To header is the announce, then we know both the sequence
number and that the message was posted to announce. If there is only
an users Delivered-To header, and no workers, then we know it was
posted to users and we know the sequence number. If the message
contains the workers Delivered-To header an none of the others, then
it was posted to workers.

So from the above logic it should be possible to build the archive the
way it used to be - it only requires subscription to the other lists
and a little intelligence in the frontend.

Comments on that?

Karsten