Re: feature-request of double-tab-list

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Way way back on Sep 19,  5:36pm, Rasmus Tengblad wrote:
> } Subject: feature-request of double-tab-list
> }
> } First i'd like to tell you that I really like zsh. Best shell there is!
> } However, there is one small thing I like better about bash, and that's the
> } double-tab-press or what ever you'd want to call it. It's sort of like zsh
> } with AUTO_LIST set, but with the exception that you have to press tab
> } twice before the list is displayed.
>
> OK, Sven, can we implement this using the new completion stuff?  What, if
> any, hooks are there for keeping track of the first vs. the second press
> of the completion key within the same completion?

We could give free the zle-parameters (LBUFFER,...) in completion
widgets and then do something like:

  local lastl lastr

  if [[ "$LBUFFER" != "$lastl" || "$RBUFFER" != "$lastr" ]] then
    lastl="$LBUFFER"
    lastr="$RBUFFER"
    return
  fi

We should make them readonly in completion widgets, though (since the
match-inserting code could get terribly confused otherwise).

Would that be enough?

Bye
 Sven