Re: set -A and stat -A vs. typeset -A and stat -H

On Jan 28,  1:23pm, Phil Pennock wrote:
} Subject: Re: set -A and stat -A vs. typeset -A and stat -H
}
} You might with to check the documentation for the stat module, which
} seems up to date.

Yes, I did.  The actual string "(H)ash" isn't used any more, but the
name of the argument for -H is still "hash".

} `stat -A' was already taken.  For assigning to an Array.

Yes, and is so because of `set -A', I imagine (hence the Subject).  My
point is not that you should have chosen -A for `stat', but that there
really isn't *any* option letter that can be the same for all of `set',
`typeset' and any third command you might name.

}         "What are four lowercase letters that are not legal flag arguments
} to the Berkeley UNIX version of `ls'?"
}
} HAND (and no, the first two letters of that are just coincidence).

Um, HAND are not lowercase letters ... and BSD `ls' does use -A. ;->
(My answer would be e j v y, but I had to think about it for too long.)