Re: PATCH: (more) Re: PATCH: 3.1.5* & 3.0.5: Re: strange xterm & zsh behaviour

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> I think the following is better; apply it on top of Peter's patch.  Besides
> testing fds 0 and 1 for read-write-ness before using them (when possible),
> it also prefers ttyname(SHTTY) to "/dev/tty" for the setting of the $TTY
> parameter.

Since I don't have the latest zsh development source tree, could you
integrate this one in:

#ifdef TIOCNXCL
if(open("dev/tty", O_RDWR) < 0 && errno == EBUSY)
   ioctl(0, TIOCNXCL, 0);
#endif

That will unlock terminal device (at least on Solaris) and something
should really do that (preferrably the shell). TIOCNXCL is defined in
termios.h.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.