Re: PATCH: (more) Re: PATCH: 3.1.5* & 3.0.5: Re: strange xterm & zsh behaviour

On Jan 30,  1:51pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: (more) Re: PATCH: 3.1.5* & 3.0.5: Re: strange xterm &
}
} Peter Stephenson wrote:
} > You mean something like the following?  I don't quite know how to test
} > for this, since you can't be assured fd 0 is /dev/tty.  Maybe the
} > ioctl() on its own is enough.
}
} sorrysorry... this time I've tested it.  (I didn't realise I could on
} AIX, but TIOCNXCL does exist after all.)  This replaces the one two
} minutes ago.

Misc. remarks:

(For Drazen) Is it desirable to ALWAYS do this?  For a backgrounded shell,
calling ioctl() on a tty device will usually result in a SIGTTOU stopping
the process.

(For PWS et al.) Even if it should always be done, I think it'd be a good
idea to move this code down the point where an attempt to open /dev/tty
might be made anyway, so that it needn't be opened and closed more than
once.