Re: PATCH: Re: Btw.: glob-qualifier

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Jan 29,  2:37pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> } Subject: PATCH: Re: Btw.: glob-qualifier
> }
> } > [...] (o(ug=w,o+r)) for "user and group must have exactly the write
> } > bit set, and other must have at least r" and (o(u+x,go-w)) for "user
> } > must have at least the execute bit set, and group and other must not
> } > have write" and so on.
> }
> } The patch below implements this (with a few extras).
>
> Nifty!  Now I only have one question ... is there another, better letter
> than `o' that could be adopted (since the mode is no longer `o'ctal),
> thus giving us both o and O for ascending/descending sorts, as in the
> parameter flags?

(...and print.) Yes, I wanted to do it in exactly this way, when I
discovered the old `o' modifier. I also thought about altering the
name of the `o' modifier.

This would also reverse the meaning of the `O' qualifier.

But since `o' wasn't documented and `O' is new, it hopefully wouldn't
cause too much trouble.

> (I'd ask about this on zsh-users first, though, just in case anybody is
> making some important use of the old undocumented `o'.)

Ok.

Bye
 Sven