Re: Fun with zsh (Re: Associative array ordering (Re: Example function))

On Feb 2,  1:26pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Fun with zsh (Re: Associative array ordering (Re: Example fun
}
} In the previous message Bart wrote:
}
} > That's obviously wrong here in more ways than one, and in fact my own
} > just-compiled copy of zsh dumps core when I do the same thing.
}
} I'm not sure, in which ways zsh is wrong to do completion here. After
} all, it gets TABs. And even inside array values completion may be
} useful, don't you think?

I don't mean that it shouldn't do completion at all, just that it seemed
to be completing the wrong thing.

Following application of your patch, using 3.1.5-pws-6 zsh -f,

    zsh% foo=('(I*)<TAB>

only feeps, but

    zsh% foo(
    array> '(I*)<TAB>

autolists the entire contents of the current directory.

This is the same as the 3.0.5 behavior, but it still seems odd to me.

[Interestingly, with _my_ otherwise incorrect patch, doing

    zsh% foo(
    array> '(I*|)<TAB>

(note the alternation syntax) expands the word to INSTALL, but with
Sven's patch it autolists again.]

BTW, while fooling with this, I discovered that autolist output is not
properly cleared when M-x is the next thing typed (execute-named-cmd).