Re: Fun with zsh (Re: Associative array ordering (Re: Example function))

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Following application of your patch, using 3.1.5-pws-6 zsh -f,
>
>     zsh% foo=('(I*)<TAB>
>
> only feeps, but
>
>     zsh% foo(
>     array> '(I*)<TAB>
>
> autolists the entire contents of the current directory.
>
> This is the same as the 3.0.5 behavior, but it still seems odd to me.

It is, but it's hard to fix. In the first case the lexer reports the
whole string (`(I*)x', the `x' was added by the completion code) as a
string token. In the second case it reports the tokens for the `(' and
so on separately. I'll have a deeper look into this, but not today, I
think.

> BTW, while fooling with this, I discovered that autolist output is not
> properly cleared when M-x is the next thing typed (execute-named-cmd).

Hm. With `execute-named-cmd' I see the list being pushed one line down
and the prompt appearing above it. But with C-r and C-s I see the list
being partly overwritten by the prompt.

Bye
 Sven