Re: Problem with completion matching control

On Feb 16,  9:30am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:

> I can't reproduce it, can you give me information about the completion
> options you have set or unset and any compctl's used here (global
> matchers, default completion, special completion for the command,...).

It was from zsh -f so with all the default options and (lack of)
completions. Only the one matching completion I mentioned. It also
occurs with my setup; my options are:

setopt -09ghJOPRTX +16I setopt AUTO_PARAM_KEYS setopt AUTO_REMOVE_SLASH
setopt COMPLETE_IN_WORD setopt EQUALS setopt EXTENDED_GLOB setopt
EXTENDED_HISTORY setopt GLOB_COMPLETE setopt HIST_NO_STORE setopt
LIST_AMBIGUOUS setopt LIST_BEEP setopt MULTIOS setopt POSIX_BUILTINS

Incidentally, the -f option to zsh doesn't seem to be documented.

> No, the thing I found is this:
>   % setopt recexact; compctl -M 'm:{a-z}={A-Z}'
I get the same regardless of the state of recexact.

I've just noticed something else regarding matching control with my
ncftp compctl which uses 'r:|.=* r:|=*' the following happens:

ncftp sunsite.d<tab>

offers

sunsite.auc.dk and sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk

This is exactly what I would expect from the matching but it isn't quite
what I want to achieve.

I've tried a number of things, mostly involving [^.]# in the tpat
without success. If anyone can work this out, I'd appreciate it - I've
given up for now because it's getting late.

Oliver Kiddle