Re: PATCH: 3.1.5-pws-8: using pattern completions

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> I wrote:
> > Now, can anyone tell me how to avoid getting a default completion list for
> > the pattern completions as well?  This is rather crucial since I'm trying
> > to get all zf* files to use zftp completion, and I don't want a side dish
> > of local filenames with every order.
>
> Just thinking: suppose we had a convention where if $COMPSKIP was non-empty
> at any stage, the driver functions (principally __main_complete and
> __normal) would stop generating matches at that point, unset COMPSKIP, and
> return?  That would act like -tn with ordinary compctl's.

Yes, using a parameter for this was what I thought about, too.

> Btw, would it be better to rename AUTODUMP to COMPAUTODUMP to have a
> consistent prefix?

I'd like to remove that parameter anyway: let `init' accept an options
(-d or so) to enable auto-dumping. It's used only in `init'
anyway. And while I'm at it: I'd like to make `dump' write into a file
automatically (let it use COMPDUMP, too, with the usual default), so
that it is even easier to make dumps in-between (once we have changed
the example code so that this is possible).

Bye
 Sven