Re: Bug report: PWD environment variable broken!

On Feb 20,  9:31pm, Martin Buchholz wrote:
} Subject: Bug report:  PWD environment variable broken!
}
} I tried to downgrade to 3.0.5.
}
} 3.0.5 on BSDI coredumps on invocation.

Try picking up <ftp://ftp.brasslantern.com/pub/zsh/patch-3.0.5-ext-2> and
see if that fixes you up.

Note that for some reason, very recent versions of the "patch" program
fail when they reach the second hunk of globals.h.  It works fine with
"patch" version 2.1, but at some point since then the FSF broke things.

} On Linux 3.0.5 failed to build:
}
} gcc -c -I.. -I. -I.  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wno-implicit -Wmissing-prototypes -O2 builtin.c
} builtin.c:4279: macro `dup' used with just one arg

That's very odd, it builds fine for me all the time.  And `dup' shouldn't
be a macro, it's a system call.  You should try to find out where that
macro is coming from, I think your gcc installation must be strange.