Re: 2 patches included to fix configure brokenness

>Bart> That's very odd, it builds fine for me all the
>Bart> time.  And `dup' shouldn't
>Bart> be a macro, it's a system call.  You should
>Bart> try to find out where that
>Bart> macro is coming from, I think your gcc installation
>Bart> must be strange.
>
>Debian GNU Linux 2.0 seems to come with /usr/include/libc.h,
>which has:
>
>/* Copyright (c) 1992 AT&T - All rights reserved. */
>
>	/* Plan 9 C library interface */
>

><flame on>
>I don't know what moron came up with the idea of including ANOTHER
>operating system's headers with Debian Linux.  When people talk about
>code reuse, I don't think this is what they had in mind.
><flame off>
>

>Here's a patch that work for me, but I'm not sure what other
>systems require libc.h.  It's a non-standard header, no system
>should need it anymore.

That header is coming from the libxg-dev package, described as "graphics
libraries from plan 9."  That package isn't part of the default install,
but it is available as part of the stable release.  You could try a
"dpkg --purge libxg-dev" to get rid of it.

The moron that came up with the idea was Raul Miller <moth@xxxxxxxxxx>.
You should file a Debian bug against the package -- having that
incompatible libc.h in /usr/include just seems broken.

In any case, since the header can appear in stable release Debian
systems, a fix to zsh seems warranted.