Re: Let's finish this new completion stuff

Just a few words ...

Sven Wischnowsky writes:

 > Making the list of completions generated so far available isn't that
 > easy without disallowing adding further completions. Also, we can't
 > easily deliver all the information stored with an array. But now that
 > we are speaking about sepcial subscript-syntax anyway, how about:
 >
 >   $matches[num][prefix]  gives the `compadd -p'-prefix of the num'th
 >                          match
 >   $matches[num][string]  the string to list

I don't want to get into anything that looks like a multidimensional
array.  OK would be $matches[prefix(num)] or something ... though in
thinking about it a bit further, I think I prefer requiring the (r) or
(R) flag to activate any such magic, e.g. $matches[(r)prefix(num)].
The connection to patterns is useful; it's just a special case of a
pattern.