Re: zsh-3.1.5-pws-9: make fails without yodl

"Andrej Borsenkow" wrote:
> Just found, when compiling zsh on brand new system:
>
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/SAM/home/bor/src/zsh-3.1.5-pws-9/Doc'
> case zsh.1 in \
>   */*) target=zsh.1 ;; \
>   *) target=./zsh.1 ;; \
> esac; \
> : -o $target -I. -w zman.yo version.yo zsh.yo || exit 1; \
> test -f $target
> gmake[1]: *** [zsh.1] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/SAM/home/bor/src/zsh-3.1.5-pws-9/Doc'
> gmake: *** [all] Error 1

The problem is not so much the behaviour as the error handling:  the `:'
would be yodl if that was available, and since it's not the target is never
going to be built.  The question is whether it should retreat silently,
i.e. there should be a `-' somewhere.  Maybe the best thing to do is get
the rules to check whether $(YODL) is really yodl, and if not, stop?

You can supposedly avoid it by untarring up-to-date documentation on top of
the source, if I've got the dates right.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/