Re: PATCH: 3.1.5-pws-9: Approximate pattern matching

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Here's an initial implementation with the expected syntax: (#a1) to
> allow approximate matching with one error.  It's nothing like as
> sophisticated as agrep with its tables and algorithms, but it does
> fit neatly into the present globbing code.

You're right, it doesn't need to be that sophisticated.  What you've
done (modulo bug fixes and whatever) is great.

All I can say is wow!  I haven't got around to playing with the new
completion stuff yet; I hope to do so soon.  Completion with
approximate pattern matching ought to work well for when I'm typing
clumsily.

Having -pws mini-releases is excellent; I find it much easier to keep
up with those changes that I'm interested in that without them.