Re: Weird bug with approximate completion

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
>   sticking it after the first slash will make the completion code use
>   `/users/foo/(#a...)bin/comp' as the expanded prefix and make it
>   search in that directory -- which doesn't exists, so it will
>   generate no matches; should we have some special casing in the
>   C-code or in the shell code here?

I don't really understand this since I don't know at what point it hasn't
been treated as a pattern when it should have been.

> I couldn't reproduce your bug, though (and for me the line you quoted
> is line number 6239).

It's now moved to line 6238.  I've fixed the symptoms by turning the
ncalloc() into a zhalloc(), which I shouldn't have to do, but can't hurt
since the memory is never freed so it should be using zhalloc() anyway.
This suggests something fairly sinister is going on.  ncalloc() appears to
be pointing to the right thing, but the wrong argument appears when it's
called.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/