Re: PATCH: Re: Shuld it be so? and Re: _tar

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> How do you folks using menucompletion complete consecutive path
> components (normal, existing paths, without _path_files), btw?

I have ^Z bound to something which inserts a character then deletes when I
get to the right directory.  It's something of a hack, but it saves me
having (*shudder*) to type letters in path names.  If I didn't use menu
completion, I'd have to *read* what was in the directory instead of blindly
typing tab.

Actually, I tend to type the first part and then use ^D until I have a
small enough list. Rather than type, get partial completion, look at list,
type, get partial completion... I can just type a few letters and go BAM
BAM BAM BAM with the tab key, which is very satsifying.  Well, relatively
speaking.

> (But I would
> think that with menucompletion keeping the list small is even more
> important, isn't it?)

Yes, I would say so.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/