Re: Variable completion in pws-11

Vin Shelton writes:
 > echo $ZSH<TAB> just beeps at me in pws-11.

I can confirm that some of the built-in completions seem to have gone
south.  This works if I load up Completion/Core/compinit, but it does
not work with zsh -f.  The patch that introduced check_param() is the
one that broke it, but I'm not sure exactly how.

Does anybody know the full list of completions that worked in zsh -f
as of 3.1.[45] ?  Nine of the default compctls of 3.0.5 went away in
about 3.1.2, but command completion and default file completion both
still worked.  Then there's a short list of completions that were not
previously under user control, which included parameter completion
after a $ sign and ... what else?  Sven, have you tested these to be
sure they still work?