Re: Z-Shell (zsh) FAQ changes this month

Okay, I've caught up on everything and not seen anything on this, so...

Typing away merrily, Peter Stephenson produced the immortal words:
> 3.22: How do I get a variable's value to be evaluated as another variable?
>
>   The problem is that you have a variable $E containing the string
>   `EDITOR', and a variable $EDITOR containing the string `emacs',
>   or something such.  How do you get from $E to emacs in one easy
>   stage?
>
>   There is no standard single-stage way of doing this.  However, there
>   is a zsh idiom (available in all versions of zsh since 5.0) for this:

zsh 5.0 already?  I wasn't busy _that_ long.
--
--> Phil Pennock ; GAT d- s+:+ a23 C++(++++) UL++++/I+++/S+++/B++/H+$ P++@$
L+++ E-@ W(+) N>++ o !K w--- O>+ M V !PS PE Y+ PGP+ t-- 5++ X+ R !tv b++>+++