Re: Signal-handling problem

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>The test for finding the signal names has obviously failed on your OS, so
>the array is far too short and when an unknown signal comes the shell looks
>for something which isn't there <snip!>

Say, thank you and everyone else for the tips.  You were precisely correct. I'm
using zsh
3.0.5, and I discovered that, for some reason, my version of gawk (3.0.3) wasn't
working correctly when invoked to create signals.h.  I was able to sidestep this
by editing the Makefile in the Src directory so that AWK = nawk (instead of
gawk) and recompiling.  The output from 'kill -l' looks reasonable now (i.e.,
it's not empty!) and the signal-handling seems to work just fine...

Thanks again,

-Dave