RE: _path_files and completeinword

> `_path_files' does the matching itself -- and sometimes things get too
> hard for it.
> To allow `-g ...' patterns, it has to append these patterns to the
> string from the line and then use that to generate filenames.

Sorry? I don't understand it. The meaning of `-g'  is: "take as possible
matches the files that match given glob pattern(s)". The matches are only
*possible* - that is, they still have to match comand line to be included in
completion list.

If _path_files does something else, that means

 - it implements different completion as was always used in zsh
 - this is a bug

If we return to example (/t/s/z/D/z<CURSOR>i - implying
/tools/src/zsh-xxx/Doc/zsh.texi), then it means, that _path_files should
take a list of files in /tools/src/zsh-xxx/Doc that match given glob pattern
(let it be *.texi) and then match them against z*i.

/andrej