Re: Debug / cut'n'paste on IRIX

Andrej Borsenkow <borsenkow.msk@xxxxxx> typed:
:[I am sorry for all these mails]
:> that's what happens. I could not find the relevant part in
:> sources - anybody (Geoff) - could you get a look:
:>
:> Cut'n'pasted in another shell. As you see, after it gets first
:> new line it does ioctl(10, TCSETSW,...) before PS2, that,
:> unfortunately, throughs away all pending input :-( The following
:> FIONREAD is useless in this case.

There is a problem I have on my machine with nearly every shell
with pasting large amounts into the shell.  At one time I made a
quick aborted effort into searching for it.  I wondered if it was
to do with ungetting characters unsafely but haven't fixed my
thinking as that being the cause for the buffer overwriting.  It needs
a larger amount of data (not, say, < 200 chars as reported in the Irix
case) before I'm likely to see it.  Many other applications don't show
it, e.g.  vim in the shell will work fine.  My normal check here is
select a screen worth into the cut buffer then type "echo '" and paste.
It'll beep at me (several times) and lose most of the stuff.

Anyway, I'll make another look for it soon (i.e. not today).

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>            Mobile : (Australia) 0412 162 441
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/