Re: Non-intuitive completion

On Dec 3, 12:48pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Non-intuitive completion
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > ...
} >
} > Now, if you'd like to see some REALLY strange behavior, which definitely
} > IS a bug in my book, try
} >
} > zsh% bindkey '^I' expand-or-complete
} > zsh% setopt nounset
} > zsh% print $ZSH_*<TAB>
}
} The patch below fixes the problem by making zerr() set errflag
} independent of the setting of noerrs. I am far from knowing if this
} should go there (or in paramsubst() or in prefork(), or in...).

I notice this patch isn't in pws-11.  Is it made irrelevant by the new
completion stuff?  If not, can anyone think of a way to test whether
it's the right thing to do WRT not breaking other uses of zerr() ?

Here it is again so you don't have to search the archives:

} *** os/utils.c	Thu Dec  3 09:10:46 1998
} --- Src/utils.c	Thu Dec  3 12:07:49 1998
} ***************
} *** 52,59 ****
}   void
}   zerr(const char *fmt, const char *str, int num)
}   {
} !     if (errflag || noerrs)
}   	return;
}       errflag = 1;
}       trashzle();
}       /*
} --- 52,61 ----
}   void
}   zerr(const char *fmt, const char *str, int num)
}   {
} !     if (errflag || noerrs) {
} ! 	errflag = 1;
}   	return;