up-line-or-history and multiline input (was: RE: Debug / cut'n'paste on IRIX)

I have a feeling, that these two are related ...

Look at this (zsh-3.1.5-pws-12):

bor@itsrm2:~%> for i in 1 2 3 4
for> do
for><up-line-or-history>
   gives
bor@itsrm2:~%> for i in 1 2 3 4
for> do
for> setopt completeinword

That is, when working with multiline input _every_ line is considered the
"first and only" line of input by ZLE.

I find it (and always found) very confusing. Even more, as you can go to
previous line by using backward-char

It is confusing, because when I recall the whole buffer, I *can* use
up-line-or-history as expected.

And it is related to multiline paste because if we treated the input as
multiline, there would probably be no need to call trashzle at all ...

cheers

/andrej