Re: Clearing the completion listing

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Seems to me there are a few more zle commands that ought to clear the
> completion listing.  The one that I notice most often is kill-whole-line.
> Most history motions should do it, too, since if any of them pull up a
> multi-line entry it's just going to cover up the list anyway (assuming
> always_last_prompt).  And kill-buffer, and probably transpose-words, and
> maybe insert-last-word.  Any others?

Hadn't thought of them... I'd suggest doing this with another
`ZLE_'-flag.

Let's see:

- beginning-of-buffer-or-history
- beginning-of-line-hist
- down-history
- down-line-or-history
- down-line-or-search
- end-of-buffer-or-history
- end-of-line-hist
- get-line (?)
- infer-next-history
- kill-buffer
- kill-line
- push-input
- push-line
- push-line-or-edit
- run-help
- up-history
- up-line-or-history
- up-line-or-search
- vi-down-line-or-history
- vi-fetch-history
- vi-history-search-backward
- vi-history-search-forward
- vi-open-line-above
- vi-open-line-below
- vi-repeat-search
- vi-rev-repeat-search
- vi-up-line-or-history

Some of them should clear the list only if the history is used. Some
of them already clear the list, and some of those who already clear
the list have not been mentioned.

Any other suggestions?

Bye
 Sven