RE: PATCH: cleanup in zle_tricky.c

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> Well, it is usually zsh -f. Brand new compile (pws-13), in 32-bit mode,
> without dynamic loading, with 5868 5871 5872 5875, with -g and zsh-debug and
> zsh-mem and zsh-mem-debug:
>
> bor@itsrm2:~/src/tst1/zsh-3.1.5-pws-13%> Src/zsh -f
> itsrm2% fpath=($PWD/Completion/*(/))
> itsrm2% . ./Completion/Core/compinit
> itsrm2% setopt globcomplete
> itsrm2% l /u/i/s/*hTAB
> itsrm2% l /usr/include/sys/802.3.h
> zsh: do you wish to see all 361 possibilities?
>
> but
>
> itsrm2% l /u/i/s/*.hTAB
> beeps
> (tested with other path as well. It does not work with `.suffix')
>
> And something more
>
> itsrm2% unsetopt globcomplete
> itsrm2% l D/z*iTAB
> itsrm2% l Doc/z*i (I like this, really)
>
> but
>
> itsrm2% ls /usr/include/sys/ttyc*h
> /usr/include/sys/ttychars.h
> itsrm2% ls /u/i/s/ttyc*hTAB
> beeps
>
> (I thought, it may be the single match that matters).
>
> If this does work for you - where can I start to search? And are you sure,
> these patches are against clean pws-13? :-)

Damn. All of these work for me. Putting `set -x' at the top of
`_path_files' and giving me the output would be helpful (probably need
not be sent to the list).

And, yes, the patches were for the clean, unpatched pws-13 I got this
morning.

Question to others: do you see the same behavior Andrej does? I.e. is
it me or is it the rest of the world who has run out of sync?

Bye
 Sven