RE: Another slight weirdness

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> And I really
> suggest assoc array for that. That will make any work with options quite
> easy (and actually un/setopt could be reduced to functions that simply set
> array values :-)

Remember me saying that I kept being reminded of the old discussion
about replacing options with something more powerful when Bart
implemented the associative arrays?

This is exactly what I was thinking of. Some years ago we had a
discussion about something like this when we were slightly annoyed by
the fact that we can't give values for things like `ignoreeof' -- with
an associative array this would be easy (although this would require
more changes than just adding an associative array as an interface to
the existing option code).

I'd prefer to keep `{un,}setopt' as builtins for the next couple of
official relases, at least (probably with a configure-option to get a
zsh without them).

Bye
 Sven