RE: PATCH: compset (testing and modification)

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> > Of course, we could remove the condition codes (why?), or replace them
> > with an extra option (say `-q') to `compset' which makes it only do
> > the tests and set the return value (no modification).
> >

> I would second that. `-t' for "test only"?

You forgot to give me a good reason for this ;-)

But seriously: I like them. I especially like the possibility to put
them together with other tests inside a `[[...]]'.

And: why `-t'? Unix commands normally use the `-q' I suggested for this
kind of behavior.

Both?

Bye
 Sven

P.S.: Btw, all this would come with very little extra code.