Re: Minor refresh problem with completion

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> I have a feeling, that with new completion the complete line is refreshed
> every time. I noted that, as my display flickers sometimes quite ugly. It's
> getting worse, when logical line extends over several terminal lines ...
> Anybody else seen it?

That's not restricted to the new completion. It's caused by the way
`clearlist' (the variable that triggers clearing a list that may be
beneath the prompt) works -- it forces a redisplay of the prompt.

I tried to do this in a more sophisticated way (moving the cursor
under the prompt, clear to EOD, move cursor up), but couldn't get it
to work with the rest of the redisplay code. I'm not one of the most
knowledgeable persons with respect to the zle redisplay code, so I
have to ask: can someone come up with a better imlpementation?

Thanks for the reminder.

Bye
 Sven