Re: Completion of files with spaces in

Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Bruce Stephens wrote:
>
> > With zsh-3.1.5-pws-13, zsh -f, files with spaces in don't seem to get
> > quoted properly.
> >
> > So if I have the file "readme - corrections.txt", and I type:
> >
> >         % less read<TAB>
> >
> > I get
> >
> >         % less readme -
> >
> > I was expecting the spaces to be quoted with \.
> >
> > I'm sure this worked once.  What's happened?
>
> Me -- breaking up things (my favorite pastime).

OK, that quotes the spaces, but I don't get completion after that.
For example, if I have the file as above, and another one
"readme - yarrow.txt", then I get:

        % less readme\ -\
                          ^ cursor here

as I'd expect, but <TAB> after that just beeps (I'd expect to be shown
the possible completions).  And typing an extra "c" or "y" (to
disambiguate) doesn't help: <TAB> just beeps.

(If "readme - corrections.txt" is the only such file, then <TAB>
correctly completes the whole thing.)