New patch available for 3.0.6-pre-1

I've made up a a second pre-patch for 3.0.6, which carries the version number
3.0.6-pre-1.  It requires the previous patch, if starting from 3.0.5 source.
	ftp://ftp.brasslantern.com/pub/zsh/zsh-3.0.5-3.0.6-pre-0.diff
	ftp://ftp.brasslantern.com/pub/zsh/zsh-3.0.6-pre-0-pre-1.diff

Remember that after applying patches to 3.0.5, you must "touch stamp-h.in"
before running configure to prevent make from attempting to rerun autoconf
and autoheader.

Checksums on the latest diff:

(BSD)  64755    95
(SYSV) 1818 190 zsh-3.0.6-pre-0-pre-1.diff

I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who grabs it and applies it.  The man
pages and info doc should now be in sync. (At least, all the same changes
have been applied to each since the 3.0.5 sources; discrepancies older
than that haven't been checked.)  With the one exception noted below, I
believe the doc to be up to date with respect to the code, and I folded
in the meta-information from 3.1.5-pws-15 so it should also be reasonably
accurate with respect to the Web.

Things that aren't done yet:

* The latest FAQ document isn't included; I'll grab the one from -pws-16
  when that appears.

* If any documentation change is needed for PWS's patches to the typeset
  builtin (zsh-workers 4914), it isn't done yet.  There were doc changes
  for the 3.1.5 version of the patches, but I haven't parsed out whether
  all the same code changes were made.  Peter, save me some time?

* I haven't changed any of the zsh.h "if (!foo) {;} else bar" macros (see
  ChangeLog).

* I haven't included Tatsuo Furukawa's zle_refresh.c changes, pending
  feedback from Geoff.

* I haven't done anything with Greg Badros's color completion patches;
  anybody have anything further to say about that?

* I haven't deleted the RCS $Id$ keywords, but I'm going to unless a lot
  of people object.

Here are the new ChangeLog entries since -pre-0:

+ 1999-04-25 05:56  Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxx>
+
+ 	* Doc/zsh.texi, Doc/zshbuiltins.man, Doc/zshexpn.man,
+ 	Doc/zshmisc.man: Copy some new parameter expansion text from
+ 	3.1.5-pws-15, and do a few other parameter expansion fixes; fix a
+ 	couple of awkward sentences; copy doc for print_eight_bit into
+ 	zsh.texi; fix some cross-references among the man pages.
+
+ 1999-04-24 23:52  Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxx>
+
+ 	* Doc/zsh.texi: Incorporate changes to various meta-info from the
+ 	3.1.5-pws-15 documentation.
+
+ 1999-04-24 22:07  Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxx>
+
+ 	* Src/init.c, Src/params.c, Src/utils.c: Adapt zsh-workers 5783 and
+ 	5844 to 3.0.5 to correctly propagate errflag out of zerr() even in
+ 	some noerrs cases.
+
+ 1999-04-24 06:12  Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxx>
+
+ 	* Src/builtin.c, Src/exec.c, Src/glob.c, Src/hist.c, Src/input.c,
+ 	Src/jobs.c, Src/lex.c, Src/params.c, Src/parse.c, Src/subst.c,
+ 	Src/utils.c, Src/watch.c, Src/zle_main.c, Src/zle_refresh.c,
+ 	Src/zle_tricky.c: Most of Wayne Davison's big compiler warning
+ 	elimination patch, from the URL he posted in zsh-workers 6072.
+ 	Some lines that got wider than 80 columns have been reformatted,
+ 	and the braces around single-line macro calls are not included
+ 	(because I intend to fix the macros themselves if possible).
+
+ 1999-04-24 06:05  Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxx>
+
+ 	* Src/zle_tricky.c: Sven fixes for completion in $((...)) and for a
+ 	potential core dump when building completion lists from internal
+ 	hash tables; adapted by Sven from zsh-workers 5564 and 5799.
+
+ 1999-04-21 16:50  Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxx>
+
+ 	* Etc/CONTRIBUTORS: Patch in a few changes from the 3.1.5 version
+ 	of this file.
+
+ 1999-04-21 15:29  Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxx>
+
+ 	* Src/utils.c: PWS fix for interrupting a query, zsh-workers 5364
+ 	(follow-up to 5281).
+
+ 	* configure.in: PWS noticed a problem with the configure.in test
+ 	for typeahead clobber.
+
+ 1999-04-21 08:46  Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxx>
+
+ 	* README, META-FAQ: Update to match the 3.1.5 version.