RE: Possible impact of RE: PATCH: large file support on SunOS 5

> This will take a little work, but perhaps it's not so bad.

It just occured to me, that actually things _are_ bad. Assume, that you have
generic zsh script that takes stat output and makes some computation ... the
simple thing is size(file) < free_space ... and hits a large file (and even
free space is already dangerous - I'm currently running with 9GB filesystem.
It's O.K.in blocks - but not in bytes). This would mean, that all internal
computation should be done in 64 bits ... too bad really (problem with zftp
I mentioned is exactly of this nature)

In other words, really subtle problems may arise. That is exactly the reason
why I'd prefer LP64 mode that does not have these problems.

> I have no idea how to do this.

Well, we need to have a list of possible compiler flags that force LP64
mode. Our system is using -Klp64. IRIX? Solaris? Linux? Somebody's written,
that zsh runs on Irix in LP64 mode. Gotta look in archive.

/andrej