Re: BUG: zsh-3.1.5-pws-14: parameter expansion not working properly

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:

> [ There is a little patchlet below. I don't suggest using it to
>   everyone just now, it's just that I can think about this better when
>   I have cod to play with. Didn't have the time for this yesterday. ]

Is there any agreement on this patch (6046) to introduce the variable
mult_isarr to keep track of whether a nested parameter substitution returns
an array?  If so, what documentation changes are needed (which might help
tell everyone else what it's doing)?  And what about the other glitch that
was noticed, that a single word array is always turned into a scalar
(currently around line 1471 in subst.c), do we get rid of that for
consistency?  And do either of these require any changes to the existing
shell code in the distribution?

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/