Re: PATCH: 3.0.6-pre-3: mainly history bug fixes

On Jun 2,  2:55am, Wayne Davison wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: 3.0.6-pre-3: mainly history bug fixes
}
} I believe I've managed to distill most of the bug fixes that were
} included in my previous history changes into a separate patch for
} 3.0.6.  I haven't had much of a chance to test this yet, but since
} most of this is lifted from my previous changes, it should be OK.
}
} Most of these changes were originally lifted from the 3.1.x source.

Pardon my paranoia, but ...

Something I don't want to accidentally do is fold in the history search
change (whole words at beginning of line) that caused so much complaint
and eventual back-patching.  I don't *think* I see it in here anywhere,
but if you can reassure me, please do.

} One non-bugfix that is included here is the change I made to the
} EXTENDED_HISTORY output format where it writes the finish time in
} elapsed seconds instead of epoch seconds -- I figured if this is
} going to change in 3.1.x, we might as well get it going in 3.0.6 too.

I hadn't thought much about this before, but what's going to happen when
somebody with this option set fires up a new zsh and it loads his existing
old-format .zhistory?  All the timestamps are going to look like garbage,
aren't they?

Seems to me that a change like this should be written in different syntax,
so that there's no chance of confusing the old numbers for the new.