Re: ** matching?

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> I understand, that it may be near to impossible to implement, but ...
>
> bor@itsrm2:/tools/src/zsh-3.1.5-pws-20%> view **/_brace_<TAB>
> Beep
>
> bor@itsrm2:/tools/src/zsh-3.1.5-pws-20%> view */*/_brace_<TAB>
> bor@itsrm2:/tools/src/zsh-3.1.5-pws-20%> view
> Completion/Base/_brace_parameter
>
> I'm quite used to using ** ... so, any chance to use it in completion as
> well?

Well, first: you can always use expansion for things like this. Then:
The problem is that we would suddenly have to deal with paths with
different numbers of components. The easiest way to implement
something like this which I can currently see is to have _path_files
try */, then */*/, and so on, up to a configuarable maximum number of
components. But if you have a/foo and a/b/foo, this would only
complete the first one.

Bye
 Sven