Re: Change of coordinator

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> Wouldn't it possibly make more sense to call the next official
> development release version 3.9.0, working towards a stable version 4.0.
> The 20 pws releases are quite a substantial advance from 3.1.5 and it
> would make sense for this to be clearer in the version numbering. Also,
> I would have thought that the 3.1 advances over 3.0 are approaching
> being sufficient for the major version number change?

I haven't really decided, because I don't really know what the criteria for
3.1 still being a beta version was.  If 3.1.6 is stable we should certainly
think about a production release 3.2 or even 4.0.  I don't think I want to
change the sequence before that, however.  The key seems to me to be
testing the next version as widely as possible.  For example, dynamical
it's quite possible --enable-lfs is doing something to --enable-zsh-mem,
and so on.  There weren't actually so many complaints about 3.1.5.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/