Completion and global aliases

I figured out what was going wrong with getting completion running
with my setup.  The running of the completion code is apparently
being affected by all my global aliases.  I happen to have a global
alias named "X" that is getting expanded by a completion script and
is causing a syntax error.

This brings up the issue:  shouldn't completion really be running in
a pre-defined environment, not the user's current environment?
I.e.  I don't want all my interactive options, aliases, etc. to
affect the running of the scripts.

It seems to me like we need the code that runs the completion
scripts to switch over to its own options/aliases/whatever-else
and then switch back when it finishes.

..wayne..