Re: PATCH: Re: Completion and global aliases

"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> So how about this:  We add an option to `autoload' to mark the function
> as immune to alias expansion.  It's a small change to execautofn() to
> recognize this flag and temporarily set the noaliases global.  Then it's
> just up to `compinit' to deal with its own problems, maybe by doing some
> smart things with `disable -a'.

And it looks like we'd better do something with options, too.  There is the
code from compinstall, but then there's always the possibility we could
make it a function as Andrej keeps suggesting.  compinstall could still
work out the path to the completion functions and make it get passed down
to compinit, and if compdump was also a function it wouldn't need searching
for, which removes one headache.

> The following patch implements `autoload -U ...' for this.  Hmm, I didn't
> change `functions' to output anything for "unaliased" state; should it?

It's hard to know where to put it that isn't going to confuse matters,
either because someone has code to search for `undefined', or because the
next word is taken as the function name, etc.  Maybe as long as `functions
-uU' works OK it's good enough.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/