Re: Doc fixes - US vs. British spelling

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> Anthony.Iano-Fletcher@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > > If British spelling is generally prefered
> >
> > I certainly prefer it. So much computer documentation is written in
> > American that Im used to it but it would be nice to have some in
> > British english.
>
> Wize guy, eh?
>
> If you want a decision, then we'd better stick with `-ize' (apart from
> -wise, of course).  Many of the changes were necesssary because I spelled
> it the other way (I can't rememember how Sven does).  The authorities agree
> that -ize has a perfectly good pedigree on both sides of the Atlantic,
> although other oceans may be a different matter.

I prefer the -ise forms...

> On the other hand, I'm not sure I can bring myself to face `honor' and
> `color'.  Luckily, they don't occour, err, occur; we'd better keep it that
> way to avoid an incident.

There is this suggestion for supporting colo(u|)red completion lists...

> (Gibt's Freiwilligen fuer eine deutsche Fassung???  Auch Plattdeutsch?)

I can't see myself translating our 100++ pages manual to German
without getting money for it (and I can understand Platt, but can
hardly write it ;-).

Aber eine Sammlung von Handbuechern in verschiedenen Sprachen -- das
hat was.

Bye
 Sven